Friday, August 9, 2013

Camping Party

Hi everyone! I hope you had a fabulous week! Any weekend plans?

Today I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog. I'm sharing a birthday party invitation using two of their stamp sets:



I stamped and fussy cut the raccoon from Campfire Tails (love him; love the set) and paired it with the "birthday" and party banner from the Winged Wishes set. I wanted to make the invitation mass-producible, so I kept the coloring very minimal. Here's a close-up:



I added angle washi tape again (like I did here). It was a fast way to give the card base a little pizazz.

The invitation matches the party favor box I made during the Newton's Nook July release. One more item, and I'll have an ensemble. :)

I'm entering the invitation in the Birthday Party Invitation Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. The Birthday Creations challenges end on Monday, so there's still time to enter.

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Cardstock: (Kraft, Ripe Avocado) PTI
Patterned paper: (woodgrain from S'more Love) Cosmo Cricket
Clear stamps: (raccoon from Campfire Tails; sentiment and banner from Winged Wishes) Newton's Nook Designs
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Color: (markers) Copic; (colored pencils) Derwent
Embellishments: (washi tape) Bella Blvd. 
Die: (polaroid die) My Favorite Things

19 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I love how you did the washi tape on an angle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I like how you've used both the woodgrain and the washi tape in this. Really fun invite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jocelyn this is so cute, love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is adorable, love the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me smile! I love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. Love how that washi tape is wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! You're right, the angled washi adds that extra bit of pizzazz, but still the star is that cutie raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooooo cute!!! LOVING that raccoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, the colors, and that orange woodgrain ... a knock-out! My favorite part, though, is the angled washi. Such an easy way to change things up, with great impact, and low effort. The perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the new blog look, it's fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Party Invitation Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo! congrats on your win at MFW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO stinkin' cute. Love the washi treatment...every time I see it now (whether it's on your creations or someone else's I always think of you). Congrats on your well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs