Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something Other Than Paper

Hi everyone!

Do you ever have one of those crafty times where you can't get the project to work? That's what was happening when I first started playing with this week's Play Date Cafe colors. So, I decided to leave the paper behind and do something different this week.

First up, here are this week's Play Date Cafe colors:



And here's my take on the colors:



I made felt hair clips. Here's a picture of my reluctant model wearing it (she said, "You're not going to show my face, are you?").

And here's a picture of the two clips:


I used 100% wool felt from Felt on the Fly (luxurious!) and the larger Beautiful Bows die from My Favorite Things. The bows came together quickly other than the glue...the thick felt wouldn't hold and I ended up sewing the layers together.

When I finished with the bows, I attached the base to a hair clip (Hobby Lobby sells the clips by the bag).  Easy peasy! Here's how it looks underneath:


Now I used felt, but you could also make these bows out of paper for some super cute party favors (bows or bow ties). How fun would that be?

Want to join along with the PDCC this week? The winner will win a gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp:

Simon Says Stamp

You can link up your projects HERE.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Felt: (Brown, Turquoise wool felt) Felt on the Fly
Dies: (Beautiful Bows die) My Favorite Things
Buttons: (Hawaiian Shores button) PTI; (green) My Favorite Things
Twine: (green and white twine) Jillibean Soup; (turquoise) DMC

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh these are beautiful!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute..these are so fun. I used to make hair pieces for my niece too.. She loved them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful project, Jocelyn! That die should be coming to my house any minute now ... although since I'm in an all-boy house it will probably have to manifest in other ways than your super-cute hair bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...the bow clips are really cute! And your model looks very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the hair bows..

    Thanks for the comment on pinterest.

    I just sent you 2 e-mails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so so so cute. love that you used a die for them!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful felt bows!! They look so cute on her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable and your reluctant model sounds like me! I HATE having my picture taken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I hope your reluctant model at least enjoys wearing them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable Jocelyn! . . . and yes, I've had those days where I feel I didn't accomplish anything constructive!

    Love the new look of your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabulous bow. I've missed visiting your wonderful blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs