Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Martini Time

Hi everyone!

It's time for this week's Play Date Cafe post. This week's colors are black, white, and a splash of emerald:


Do you ever have those indecisive crafty days? For some reason, I had a hard time coming up with something with only green. I flipped through my papers and realized I need more green papers. ;) I considered some stamps...nah.

Finally, I looked at my digital files and saw a great image.When in doubt, go with a martini (or maybe it was that I needed a martini by that point):


I started with the digital martini image and created my own sentiment. Isn't the font perfectly retro?

In the original image, the olives were solid black, but I couldn't easily recolor them in Photoshop. To make them partially white, I erased the centers of the olives in Photoshop. I finished by coloring and shading the images with Copics.

You know how I said I was having an indecisive crafty day? I considered a sheer ribbon, black bling, and changing the design. Nope. Went with the graphic look. Here's a close-up:


Want to join in this week's PDCC Color Splash? The winner will receive a prize from Viva Las VegaStamps.

You can link up HERE. While you're there, you can find out who is the new Private Blend Designer.



Ideas? Here's something about here: *I may live in the land of the Frozen Tundra, but I only really enjoy the snow when I'm looking out the window.  :)


Hee hee. Check her out on the Play Date Cafe site.

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Cardstock: (True Black) PTI; (Gumball) Stamp School
Digital image: (martinis vector image) Tack-o-Rama
Font: (Designers) Dafont.com
Copics

18 comments:

  1. You have to know that I love this card. Not just for the subject matter but it is CAS at it's best! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are so darn clever and a fabulous designer! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inspiration image made me smile, but then your card really made me smile! Great combination of the retro image with all that bold graphic white space, I just love it! I hate those indecisive days. I think I get them with most of the cards I create, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the retro look and who doesn't like a Martini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome retro card Jocelyn! Love the Martinis and that font is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeee it!! LOVING those olives!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indecisive crafty days...feels like that's all I've got these days! I had to laugh at needing a martini - maybe that's what my mojo is missing ;)
    I really love the funky retro vibe you ended up with! That font was MADE FOR the nifty shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fun and retro, Jocelyn! I hear you on the indecisive crafty days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an awesome card! LOVE the color story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fun!!! LOVE this challenge hope I can squeeze it in the week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card my dearest friend... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzer! Retro and fabulous! (There's crafty days that aren't indecisive? :P)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like Martini's are everywhere, I'm having mine shaken not stirred lol! Love the retro feel and fun use of the 'splash'!

    ReplyDelete
  14. saw this on FB and wanted to come tell you~love, love it. Green is so apealing to me love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card ROCKS! The green is perfect! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome colour splash card! Love how you highlighted the shaker and olives and that sentiment font rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs