Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting Scrappy

Hi everyone! Just a quick post to share today. My little guy had a high fever this morning and hasn't been feeling well. I'm crossing my fingers that the rest of us don't get it.

One of the new digital releases this week at Two Peas in a Bucket is Adrienne Looman's English Rose collection. Her papers are always so fabulous and easy to work with as a card maker. I was feeling like making something more scrappy, and here's what I came up with:

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

This card has hand-cut chevrons, wonky stitching, misting, painting, stamping, glitter...I was about to add rhinestones when I stopped. ;)

I started off with printing the English Rose papers, trimming them into rectangles, and cutting the rectangles into chevrons. I didn't worry if the angles didn't wind up perfectly. Aren't they pretty papers?

Here's a close-up:

REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

For the background, I misted with some Mr. Huey's Dewey. For the edges, I the perfect shade of pink mist,  but I wanted lighter and darker edges. I added a little white paint to make some of the mist lighter. I used the same concoction for the heart veneer and added glitter.

A little different for me, but I like how it turned out. :)

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

Supplies
Cardstock: (Natural) My Favorite Things; (white) PTI
Patterned papers: (all papers from English Rose collection) Adrienne Looman
Clear stamps: (sentiment from Sweethearts) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Spray ink: (Dewey) Studio Calico; (Hopscotch Sprinklers) October Afternoon
Embellishments: (wood veneer heart) Studio Calico; (glitter) Martha Stewart

20 comments:

  1. This is so neat! Love the different patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the homespun look here, Jocelyn. Those colors are so pretty and I can't be your misting skills. Your handcut chevrons look amazing, and it's charming that they don't line up exactly perfectly. I like it better that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he feels better soon!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card!!! LOVING the chevrons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft, pretty colours and all the stitching. Those papers are indeed drool-worthy! Hope your little man is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet card...awesome mix of colors/patterns. Hope your little guy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers are pretty indeed and you have used them so well in creating this gorgeous card! I can tell you did a lot of work on it! I am totally clueless when it comes to creating something random and scrappy, so I absolutely admire those who can. Love the soft warm feel of this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the graphic element in this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this shabby card of yours! You are WAY patient too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you know how I love my Adrienne Looman designs! I love the way you incorporated them into this card - and awesome pink distressing on the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with the papers! Totally gorgeous combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracious this is wonderful! I love the scrappy chevron pattern you made with them. I hope your son feels better! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Different, yes, but oh so pretty! Very artistic. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those papers are gorgeous and your chevrons are genius! Definitely gonna have to try that. Love the way the chevrons peek over the bottom edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the papers, it would be a perfect way to use up some scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you getting scrappy is a good thing, little boys with fevers...not so much! hope he is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  16. I *love* the totally homespun, scrappy feel to this card Jocelyn!! It's like being wrapped up in a homemade quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs