Wednesday, January 30, 2013

From the Heart

Hi everyone! I'm getting ready to make a quick trip to Minneapolis and the Mall of America...I'm positively giddy about hitting up Archiver's and seeing what's new at the Paper Source. Woot!

Before I head out, I need to post this week's Play Date Cafe colors:


I loved these colors so much, I made two cards (you'll see the second one next week). I needed to make a little Valentine's Day greeting for my parents, so I made this card:



Yep, those are my kids (not some random kids).

For this hybrid card, I started with the photo. Two Peas is carrying new Photoshop actions to alter photos, and I thought I would pretend to be photographer-like. I used Adrienne Looman's Bold Tea Action to give the photo the high-contrast look. As a forewarning, these actions are addictive!

After I altered the photo, I clipped it (Control-G if you're using Photoshop) to one of Meredith Fenwick's Fun Frames. I colored the hearts with a Copic after I printed the card front. Here's a close-up:


I can't believe I have a picture where they are both looking at the camera and no one is biting, howling, or pulling hair. ;)

I finished off the card by adding the Hero Arts digital sentiment. There are some cute love sentiments in this set.

If you'd like to join in this week's PDCC, the winner will receive a prize from My Creative Classroom:


You can link up your projects HERE. Good luck!

I also wanted to say that sadly, this post is my last with The Play Date Cafe. It was a hard decision, and I'm going to miss my awesome teammates! They are the sweetest ladies and so talented. Thank you especially to Julie for doing such a fab job leading the team. I'm going to miss them! :)

Have a great week!

Supplies
Cardstock: (magenta) Bazzill
Specialty paper: (Premium matte photo paper) Office Max
Digital supplies: (Bold Tea Photoshop Action) Adrienne Looman; (frame from Fun Frames 1) Meredith Fenwick; (sentiment from Love in Hearts and Borders digital brush) Hero Arts--all from Two Peas in a Bucket
Copic maker: (YG00)

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! Adorable kids and fabulous layout! I know you'll be missed at PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Your kids are adorable! We'll miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! What a great photo! Have a great time at the Mall of America. I would love to go visit there and go to an Archiver's, as I have never been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo and love love love the doodled frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love how you designed it.
    Enjoy your trip to the Mall of America, you may need 2 days. Well miss you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are SO CUTE! And how DID you get that perfect picture?? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are adorable and I love your card! Have fun in Bloomington!! Color me jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww really how totally adorable.. such a sweet card and that picture is so cute... love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are adorable! What a great valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you're leaving PDC, Jocelyn. And how can you say what you did about two obviously angelic-looking children? :P Absolutely adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute kids and cute card! Hope good things are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Jocelyn!! Have fun at MoA!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soo FUN! What a great idea for a Valentines, your parents will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jocelyn, I miss Archivers so I KNOW how excited you are to go there! I just LOVE this card with that Gorgeous photo! Your parents are going to flip over how FAB it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous!
    They're going to love it and my! your children are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the frame... !!!

    Your children are beautiful too...!!! hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your children are PRECIOUS Jocelyn~I love this card! Your parents will love it also~

    I will miss seeing you and your work at this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, absolutely adorable, Jocelyn! I love the long layout and of course the smiley kiddos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kids are darling and so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and adorable kiddies Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a fabulous picture of your gorgeous kids! :) Love the fun frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your kids are gorgeous! I love the frame too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs