Sunday, January 27, 2013

Feeling Fried?

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great weekend. I haven't had enough caffeine yet to be chatty. ;)

My blogging buddy Annette is hosting a Contenders Blog Hop for those projects not accepted for the latest Paper Crafts Magazine call. I thought I'd share a two-time reject:



This card was originally submitted to the last Paper Crafts Card Creations call and then to the sunshine category of the latest call (I know, it was an extra long-shot for that category).

I cut the egg on my Cameo, made my own sentiment, and double-stitched some patterned paper. The denim is part of my daughter's old jeans. I love using pants the kids have outgrown (or get a hole in) on cards.

Isn't that egg from Lettering Delights so cute? It's from the same collection I used for THIS card. Here's a close-up:



I intentionally put the demin, paper, and sentiment at wonky angles to match the sentiment. I know, I am way too analytical.

If you get a chance and want to link up a creation you submitted to the latest Paper Crafts call, you can link up HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Supplies

Cardstock: (True Black, white) Papertrey Ink; (yellow, kraft) Bazzill; (pink) The Paper Studio; 
Patterned paper: (James from the Walnut Grove collection) Pebbles; 
Fibers: (black and white thread) Gutermann; 
Font: (Boogaloo); 
Die cut file: (egg from Oishii set) Lettering Delights; 
Tool: (decorative scissors) Provocraft; 
Other: (denim) recycled jeans  


27 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I adore the expression on the egg's face. And the wonky angles are perfect... that's not being analytical, that's being creative! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fantastic! Makes me smile... LOVE the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!

    I didn't know these reject-o hops were back. I'll have to add mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your rejects are better than my best...sigh..I adore your humor and your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so great Jocelyn! I love the use of real jeans and the layers bein at an angle, and that egg and sentiment are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! The egg is so cute and I love that you used real denim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! The colors are so bright and fun - and love the denim and stitching!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute...great sentiment...love the denim too!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to say it again... you are soooo clever Jocelyn! I love everything about this card... and it's totally pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A reject? You? NO WAY! This one is so sweet and fun! Love this sunshine card, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen this sentiment used before and I love it! I could see it used for tons of occasions and people and that egg is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO CUTE Jocelyn! I love the foodie and the punny sentiment~

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMYGOSH!! This is soooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeee that egg and loving the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that egg and your denim piece was a clever addition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute, Jocelyn!! I love that fun egg, and re-using jeans on cards? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is super adorable!

    Love it against the red gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You humor, girl. That's (well, and your creativity) what make you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fraying denim - and the expression on the egg! I think this is a super card for that category!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ACK! So totally adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who knew an egg could be so cute? It's perfect with the gingham and denim too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. aww..this is so fun!
    love that texture and the bold colors Jocelyn!
    Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs