Monday, October 17, 2011

Peter Piper

The newest Bows and Berries challenge, Inspirational Colours, is based on a picture from Design Seeds:



I started making one card and then it morphed into an entirely different card (anyone else do that?). Here's what I ended up with:

The cool top of the tree is Sun Love from Bows and Berries. Yep, it's a sun that I turned into a treetop and colored with Copics to look like fall (well, the inspiration colors actually). This cute stamp could be used as a planet or a ball...there are all kinds of possibilities. Here's a close-up:



The awesome sentiment is from Unity's "Fly...Free" set, which is probably my all-time favorite kit (and a kit which I used for a pub coming out next month--woo hoo!). The little tree trunk is the Teardrop Tree die from My Favorite Things.

If you like these pretty fall colors, please join in with the Bows and Berries challenge...the details can be found HERE.

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

23 comments:

  1. Jocelyn, this is fabulous!! Love the sun-as-treetop idea and it's gorgeously coloured! And the torn hills rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea!! Love the way you used the colours!! Can't wait to here more about your pub!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adore how you have used the inspiration colours! Such a fab idea to 'sun a tree' and love the polka dot grass too! Can't wait to see your next pub... keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatta wonderful card...love it! Isn't it fun to see how they end up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! So happy and bright. I personally love the way it ended up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Jocelyn! So fun to see how those awesome looking peppers inspired you. Cool tree and fab grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is right up my alley - CAS and bright! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. always so clever... I love it.. You have hit it spot on..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! My cards morph all the time! Yours morphed into something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the amazing morphing card! I love the sun as a tree, and you used those colors so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl this is fabulous! You always have the cutest cards and are one of my favorite designers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jocelyn... Such a genius idea!! Love the way you used the colours!! I adore your card style!!!Awesome my friend... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER cute! LOVE the color story--and your papers are PERFECT! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a clever use of the stamp. Love the fall tree top. Great paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever and a fun way to show some versatility! Beautiful color story! Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the colors and dimensions!! I adore everything you make, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, Jocelyn! I love the dimension and distressing you have on this card. The colours make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card! LOVE that sun as a tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a happy card Jocelyn. The distressed mountains look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool is this? It may have come from one of those crazy left-turns, but it totally worked. I love the little heart in the tree, and the distressing on the hills...awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo, Jocelyn, this card is fantastic!! Love the tree image and fabulous colouring. It's a real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You so ROCK!!! This is so full sunshine and cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazingly cute! I love that grass and that tree is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs