Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fastest Card in the West

I hope you're having a great weekend!

I don't know about you, but I take a very long time to make a card. I try and retry elements. Not long ago, my husband said, "Each card shouldn't take over an hour, should it?" Well, yes! I think my record is 7 hours, but most cards take at least an hour...and that's after I have an idea.

So "whipping up a card" just isn't in my repertoire. But here it is...a card that took less than 20 minutes to make. And it's cute, too!

I was able to make this card quickly because I used a large sticker and matching papers. Way easy! This balloon cardstock sticker is from Pebbles. These stickers are great and available at Hobby Lobby. The papers are from the Lime Rickey collection, which is one of my all time favorites!

My daughter was invited to a classmate's birthday party in a couple of weeks. I thought this card would work for a 5-year-old boy. Or, if I decide I like it enough, I may give it to my own son (his birthday is in a few weeks) so I can keep looking at it. LOL!

Thanks for looking and the super nice comments!

Here are the elements in the card:
Cardstock: blue (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)
Sticker: Carnival Snapshot Cardstock Stickers (Pebbles)
Stamp: Think Big Favorites #1 (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Twine: Lemondrop, Peapod, Maraschino (The Twinery)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I stumbled upon your blog and I am laughing because I am a SLOW cardmaker! I was just interviewed and that was one of the questions, so I am happy to know I am in good company! :) I LOVE this card by the way! How happy and fun! Anyway, I am happy to have found you and stumbled upon your wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a fabulous card for a 5 year old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs